Dr. ARMANDO BOCCIERI
Registered with the Rome Board of Physicians since January 27, 1978 (no. 25402)
- Graduated cum laude (110/110) in Medicine and Surgery from Rome University in 1977;
- Post-graduate specialization in ENT (70/70) from the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Rome in 1981;
- Post-graduate specialization in Plastic Surgery (70/70) from the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Rome in 1987;
- Level 1 director of the Division of Maxillofacial Surgery at the San Camillo hospital in Rome since September 9, 1994 to November 15, 2014;
- Chief Consultant in rhinosurgery at the San Camillo-Forlanini hospital in Rome since 2009 to 2014;
- Lecturer at the School of Specialization in Maxillofacial Surgery of La Sapienza University of Rome from 2003 to 2010;
- Author of 70 scientific articles published in national and international journals, 20 of which cited on Pubmed;
- Creator of a surgical technique for the treatment of the crooked nose: ‘Septal Crossbar Technique for Correction of the Crooked Nose’, published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2003 and selected for inclusion in the American Yearbook of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery in 2004; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery e nel 2004 selezionata ed inserita in U.S.A nel The Year Book of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery;
- Author of 3 chapters of the book “Rhinoplasty Experts’ Reference – Top rhynoplasty Techniques from world renowned experts'' Ed. Thieme, New York– Stuttgart - Delhi- Rio de Janeiro, 2015.
- Inventor of numerous original surgical techniques of nasal reconstruction known and used all over the world, as published in the following articles:
‘Subtotal Reconstruction of the Nasal Septum Using a Reshaped Conchal Graft’, Annals of Plastic Surgery, 2004 ‘Mini-Spreader Grafts: a New Technique Associated with Reshaping of the Tip’, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2005 ‘The Lateral Crural Stairstep Technique’, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2008 ‘The Conchal Cartilage Graft in Nasal Reconstruction’, Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2007 ‘Perichondrium Graft Harvesting and Indications in Nasal Surgery, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2010 ‘The Surgical Approach to the Mediterranean Nose’, Facial Plastic Surgery, 2010 ‘Barrel-Roll Technique for the Correction of Long and Concave Lateral Crura’, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2010 “Subtotal septal reconstruction by using conchal graft” published in 2013 on Facial Plastic Surgery review “Dome division: a viable technique today?” published in 2016 on Facial Plastic Surgery review.
- Teaching activity in the following courses and meetings in the USA and Europe over the last few years:
2009 Houston – Texas University – Rodeo Rhinoplasty Course;
2010 Houston – Texas University – Rodeo Rhinoplasty Course;
2010 Miami – Meeting of the International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2010 Bruxelles – University – Andrea Vesalius Rhinoplasty Course;
2008 Dusseldorf – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2009 Porto – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2010 Antalia – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2011 Bruges – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
2012 Roma – Meeting of the International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies.
2014 Palma de Mallorca – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2014 New York – 11th International Symposium of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery;
2014 Munich – European Rhinoplasty Summit;
2015 Cannes – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2016 London – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery;
2017 Rome – RinoRoma – First Rome International Meeting on Rhinoplasty.
2017 Lisbona – Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
2018 Gardone Riviera – 2nd Meeting: The Big Challenge – the war of the noses.
2018 Milano – Rhinoplasty International Dissectional Course.
2019 Rome – RinoRoma – Second Rome International Meeting on Rhinoplasty.
2019 Rome – Learning Preservation Rhinoplasty International Meeting.
Joint organizer of Naso e Dintorni – The Italian Way to Facial Plastic Surgery, a series of international courses of facial surgery held in Rome in 2004, 2007 and 2010. Vice-president of the Associazione Italiana O.R.L. di Chirurgia Estetico Funzionale rino-cervico-facciale (2006-2012)
- Responsabile Scientifico dei Corsi di Rinoplastica dell’Associazione Italiana di Anatomia Dissettiva;
- Docente del Master di Chirurgia Plastica Estetica del Distretto Facciale dell’Università Torvergata di Roma;
- Co-Direttore del Master di Chirurgia Funzionale Estetica e Ricostruttiva della Piramide Nasale dell’Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Roma;
- Italian national delegate at the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- President of Italian ORL Association of Facial Plastic Surgery
Armando Boccieri has devoted himself to functional, reconstructive and aesthetic nasal surgery for a quarter of a century, during which time he has performed over 1,500 operations. His training took place in two major schools of nasal surgery, initially in Italy with Prof. Lionello Ponti in the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery at the San Camillo hospital in Rome, and then in the USA at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, and at the Medical Center in Houston with Prof. R.W. Kridel. He also has held annual courses on rhinoplasty in Houston since 2009.